Monday, October 21, 2013

Taiwan: Week #2

Оригинал записи / Original post
September, 17
I met my second buddy, she's so little I felt like a giant with huge feet (which doesn't happen often to me). But she's very-very cute and was so happy to meet me, awesome :)
In the evening I suddenly found myself at the night market with some people from i-house. 
Night markets in Taiwan are the same must-see as Taipei 101, for example. I heard so much of "Have you been to night market? You have to visit night-market!" but still didn't understand what is sold there. As it turned out, everything: food (a lot of unknown food), clothes, casies for iphonies and galaxies, stickers and other stuff.
 Many people ate different food, like octopus (as for me, didn't like it)

Or weird milk balls
And I wanted to try this (despite the fact I had no idea about what it is)

Turned out it worked this way: you choose from this heap everything you like, it is put on ice, from above more ice and water with some sweet stuff. Tasty, actually.

 September, 18
On 19th Taiwanese selebrated Moon Festival (because it's 15th day of 8th month of Moon calendar). So they have day off, gather with family and eat moon cake and barbeсue. From this list I had BBQ.
Went with some exchangers and buddies (actually, almost everybody wAs Asian so I couldn't understand who was an exchanger and who was his buddy).
I had no idea where we were going, I thought we would sit outdoor and BBQ but no, we came to some cool place where meet was fried in the things which were on the tables


Also, that day I received a letter from i-house about typhoon coming for weekend so we should stock up food&water and not leave home.

September, 19
Finally went shopping. Have bought loads of everything but still have nothing to wear. Wanted to buy a bag bigger than mine, have bought three each bigger than other.
In evening I went in the corridor from laundry, met some girls and here I am again in the night market. It had something that previous one didn't. For example, that (I didn't understand what kind of food it is)


Different stuff for catties and doggies.
 Then we wanted to come to a bar called Fucking Place but left on wrong stop and went to other one. Oh yeah, and I was forgotten. I went to a restroom in metro and when left it everybody had gone. But fortunately, moved about 100 m away, they remembered about me.

September, 20
It was a day of a real typhoon. Initially, I actually planned to stay home, do first homework, write blog and make film but got bored, left my room and somehow (don't realy remember how it happened) went to National Palace Museum with everyone.

It is prohibited to take photos inside (and nothing, to be honest, there are only some ancient stuff). When we was riding to museum by bus Chinese guy working in Chicago and went to Taiwan for business sat next to me. With him we watched exposition, this is how easy is to make friends here.


And typhoon looks like that: once it's dry and next moment it's pouring.

September, 21
I got totally sick of sitting in my room and got out to lobby to make my big and small business. Met many new people.
Then me and some dudes went to supermarket and bought something to drink (Hello Kitty beer for me), sat next to it and watched at typhoon (and how our lives were passing)

































September, 22-23
At 22th night I went to a club and all next day long suffered from hangover. The best ending of my second week here.
At 9 a.m. we had earthquake drill. We had to hide under a table and then come to a lobby. But I didn't hear if anyone took part in it.

2 comments: