Thursday, December 19, 2013

Taiwan. Weeks #7 and #8

Оригинал записи/Original post

October, 22
At useless class I mentioned not even once it was told that Russians are most educated in the world. I thought that being in this auditorium only lower my level and walked away to do other, more useful, things.

October, 23
Night market again






































I tried pancake in which they wraped bananas, poured on different sauces, put chocolate and ice-cream. It costed me 105 NTD - crazy money for Taiwan. But tasty.






































October, 24
I was supposed to spend 6 hours at my classes. But it turned out to be 15 minutes. Because my alarm didn't worked, I didn't give a shit about it and overslept everything. Came to a last hour of second class, was late for 5-10 minutes, teacher talked for 15 minutes more and then said "I'm done, you can go"
In the evening I went to night market again for the 5th time in my life. I decided to save, had about 400 NTD with me, looked at everything and sigh.
Met Timothy, guy from Singapore. His younger brother taught him that if you want to start a fight in Russia you need to come to a guy in a bar, put finger into his face and say "Сука!" (Soo-ka, =bitch). And yes, that's the only Russian word Timothy knows.
And the day before I met Frido, Austrian guy, who more than month ago heard us talking Russian before class and said "Иди нахуй" (ee-di na-hooy =fuck you in the veeeeery rude form). And there I found out Frido can also say "my name is..." in Russian, ask "how are you?" and all this stuff.

October, 25
I did that! I ran out of excuses "I don't have sneekers", "I'm sick" and went to a gym for the first time. It turned out to be better than I expected, there are enough of trainers for me. Also, they have big soft carpet for stretching. So me and one Taiwanese guy were sitting there in weird poses and smiling to each other...

October, 26
At 4 a.m. I realised I can live like that anymore and it's time to make a list "Things to do in Taiwan". I was thinking of posting a photo here hiding some items I'm embarassed to show to a public. But then I remembered words of Yury Kaplan (front-man of Ukrainian band "Valentin Strykalo") about his 4th vlog "Don't bullshit about your plans". So I will just mention some completed items and color them.

October, 27
I wanted meat and went to a place where you order steak, they bring it from a fire with macaroni and egg, plus, they have open bar with snacks, desserts and ice-cream, eat all you want. I mean, this is place for real men not for princess like me who haven't even cope with a piece of meat, saying nothing about a bar.
Wore my super-cute T-shirt for the first time






































And at night I crossed out an item "Try pure vodka", otherwise I'm not like Russian. Here are photos, illustrating consequences of its implementation.
Before

























After


























October, 29
Was ensnaring innocent Taiwanese to cold and wild Russia. I mean, was presenting GSOM at a partner school fair.






































I was sitting between Germans and Czechs, they have much materials sent by their schools - brochures, posters and stuff. Many people were showing some viseod. And I had only poor black-and-white slides. By the end of fair I hardly could distribute all 12 of them. Because Taiwanese weren't ensnared to Russia easily.






































But I met Cynthia, girl who goes to us for the next semester (she told me there are 2 guys more). I promised her to help with everything and to become her additional buddy and Cynthia brought me cookies because thought I was sitting there without a lunch. But actually, administration provided us with a lunchbox (4 different sandviches) and bottle of water.
Also, I met a girl who had studied Russian in Saint-Petersburg for a year (she told me there are many of them and promised to invite for a diner).
Btw, the second popular thing I was asked by rare interested people is if we have racial discrimination. First was, of course, if it is cold in Saint-Petersburg.






















(Find Alena)

October, 30
Okay, I'll tell about one not crossed yet item from my list: not skip any part of any class for a week. I was going to do it this week but... I love sleeping too much and motivation for going at classes is low. I'm afraid this item can be the hardest from my list.
Implemented item "Ride a scooter", as a passanger






































It's cool, you're riding, looking around, wind is blowing, awesomness!







































October, 31
I often saw in the campus and in places next to it people in t-shirts with Pushkin. I talked to one girls and found out we have Slavic department in our university and they wear those T-shirts. And that girl is learning Russian for 2 years and was excited to hear us speaking it.
In the evening I was sitting, doing smth with my phone and my chair started to shake! And whole building with it, for 10 seconds. I thought, what should I do, hide under the table? Went to corridor, there were 8 more people. We stood there, waited for a little bit, nothing happened, everybody went back. But I didn't take off my jeans for the rest of the day, just in case. It's a good thing I live in a dorms, otherwise I would die of fright. Afterwards all Facebook was in statuses about "I just had my first earthquake" and "All my appartment is shaking"
So, congratulation to me about my first earthquake experience!

November, 1
My camera died after I touched it with a little bit wet hands at the Pacific Ocean, so I brought it to Sony where they told me repairing will cost about 2000 NTD. I decided, there is no sence in it because I could buy something like that from 3000 NTD. So I went and bought, Canon IXUS 510 HS. It costed me 7000 NTD.
So, I have camera now, era of iphone photos that suck has gone (at least, partly). But this is not it! I had an item in my list Buy Polaroid






































Actually, it's not Polaroid but Fujifilm Instax mini 25
Camera costed me 2700 NTD + 4 cassets with 10 papers in each (2 cassets are thematic) + dotted bag = 4000 NTD. In Russia I would have to spend 4700 NTD only for a camera

























November, 2
Actually, in Russia I thought that during exchange I would have awesome Halloween. But it came very insensibly and here am I, without costume, party and company. So I decided, fuck it, I won't celebrate this Western stuff.
But 2 days before that I knew that almost everyone goes to a big party, tickets for which costed from 1300 NTD. And this day in ihouse I met people in costumes, and I also had much homework for weekend. All in all, I was sitting in my room, hearing them and being jealous.
So, everything I have from Halloween - polaroids with people in costumes. Actually, it's a cool thing. You get it and everybody is like "What is it? Underwater camera?", then a photo appears and they are "Woooooooow!"






















November, 3
For a long time me and my buddy was going to the Zoo. And this day finally has come.
For the start, we were riding Maokong Gondola - rope mountain road.























People ride in cabines like that























From the highest points there is a great view of the city























And I'm sitting in the cabine like a cute girl






































And then we went to the Zoo. It's huge and close at 5, so we haven't seen even a half




Item See a panda was crossed out
No, I saw a real panda :)
(But she was running too fast, photos are not good)

There are many interactive things inside the Zoo



This is illustration for feeding child-panda. Mimimi

Near every pavilion there is a thematic shop. For example, next to Frog house - store with many cuties (pens, trinkets, t-shirts, hats, soft toys...) with frogs, near Penguin house - same thing with penguins. Next to panda - huuuuuge store where are muuuuuch stuff with panda.

 November, 4
One thing has changed for 2 weeks (or even for one) - I stopped categorically denying even thinking about coming back. I already started to think for what date I should buy tickets back home, where to go after exams and so on. I mean, now I feel good here, I want to spend 2 months left not just not worse but much better than previous. Get to know everybody I haven't known yet, to visit south and east of Taiwan, go to all cool cafes. But thoughts about exchange will finish don't cause unbearable suffering anymore. I already have so many thoughts and close to redifine all my being and I haven't reached a middle yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment