December, 19
Final presentation (yes, often it's instead of exam here at courses, oriented on exchangers) at last finishing this year course. Celebrated it with diner, only 10 people took course.
Now I have only 2 courses and 6 hours per week taken. Which means loads of free time that I can devote to things I wanted to do for a long time but always postponed.
December, 21
For example, to buying presents for friends and family at night market
December, 22
And to preparing for Christmas and New Year: making postcards and wrapping presents
December, 23
Many guys I know have very interesting backgrounds. For example:
And nothing like that at our floor. But on 3rd there is a guy, who initially is Ukrainian, grew up in Mexico, studies in Austria and speaks 6 languages. And another, Russian, who lived in Israel and then in Austria, studies in Germany.
And what about me? I'm from Siberia and many people are impressed, because they think it's something far and wild. Breaking stereotypes: Siberia isn't located on north or east of Russia, it's in the middle (and have a shape of a dick, btw :D). And it's not cold (okay, in winter there are -30 sometimes, but in summer it often more than 30), not wild (there are more than 1 million inhabitants in my home town - more than in many European capitals). But to get from Saint-Petersburg to Omsk it takes 4 hours flight and cost about 300 USD.
December, 24
For many people it was surprising that Russians don't celebrate Christmas. We have it, but as we are Orthodox, not Catholics, it take place on January, 7th and it is just religious holiday, which is not even celebrated by many people. But at New Year Eve we gather with family (traditionally), have a diner, give each other presents and meet first moments of coming year together with people we love most.
All in all, I ate my Christmas diner sitting on the toilet. Seriously.
Yes, this is the weirdest cafe I've ever heard about
It's called Modern toilet restaurant
Toilets are real, I checked. I mean, looked inside them.
And also there are showers, for example
Menu is in the shape of you know what
For the extra pay you can took away your food in the Urinal container
You can write something for memory and leave in the table (which is actually a sink)
And buy souvenirs
For example, I bought pens
Food is served in sinks, baths and toiletes. Drinks in urinals and some white things, don't know what it is.
Or in the shape of you understand what
They even have a lamp in this shape
All in all, place is good, food is not bad and cheap. Despite the fact it's from toilet :D
December, 25
We had Secret Santa in ihouse, gathered together in the evening and give each other presents. Amazing presents!
The most popular theme was yellow duck (they love them here): t-shirt, 2 pairs of slippers, wallet, toy, pen...
Also there were beer, wine, funny socks, underwear, Taiwan cap, t-shirts, belts, slippers...
Actually, it's great to do it in a big group of people, so much joy for yourself and others. I would do it again at any suitable occasion.
The limit was 250 NTD (8 USD), and you can buy so many great presents for these money.
Forgot to say about mine: my Spanish neighboor gave me scarf (amaaazing scarf and I love them so much), a duck and self-made postcard. And I gave a girl nail polisher and self-made postcard as well.
December, 29
Nothing interesting happens because I sleep all days, and do some useless stuff at night. And also got sick just before New Year :/
Final presentation (yes, often it's instead of exam here at courses, oriented on exchangers) at last finishing this year course. Celebrated it with diner, only 10 people took course.
Now I have only 2 courses and 6 hours per week taken. Which means loads of free time that I can devote to things I wanted to do for a long time but always postponed.
December, 21
For example, to buying presents for friends and family at night market
December, 22
And to preparing for Christmas and New Year: making postcards and wrapping presents
December, 23
Many guys I know have very interesting backgrounds. For example:
- A girl's dad (German) went to China, met her mother (Chinese), they moved to Germany and girl is bilingual
- A girl lives in Holand and at home mother speaks to her in Chinese, but girl answers in Dutch
- All guy's grandparents were born in China (also, grandmother from one side and grandfather from other side are from same town and went to same elementary school). Father was born in France, mother - in Africa, but lived in Britain. When they got married, she agreed to move to France but under condition that they speak English at home. All in all, guy has double (English and French) nationality, 2 mother tongues and Asian appearance.
And nothing like that at our floor. But on 3rd there is a guy, who initially is Ukrainian, grew up in Mexico, studies in Austria and speaks 6 languages. And another, Russian, who lived in Israel and then in Austria, studies in Germany.
And what about me? I'm from Siberia and many people are impressed, because they think it's something far and wild. Breaking stereotypes: Siberia isn't located on north or east of Russia, it's in the middle (and have a shape of a dick, btw :D). And it's not cold (okay, in winter there are -30 sometimes, but in summer it often more than 30), not wild (there are more than 1 million inhabitants in my home town - more than in many European capitals). But to get from Saint-Petersburg to Omsk it takes 4 hours flight and cost about 300 USD.
December, 24
For many people it was surprising that Russians don't celebrate Christmas. We have it, but as we are Orthodox, not Catholics, it take place on January, 7th and it is just religious holiday, which is not even celebrated by many people. But at New Year Eve we gather with family (traditionally), have a diner, give each other presents and meet first moments of coming year together with people we love most.
All in all, I ate my Christmas diner sitting on the toilet. Seriously.
Yes, this is the weirdest cafe I've ever heard about
It's called Modern toilet restaurant
Toilets are real, I checked. I mean, looked inside them.
And also there are showers, for example
Menu is in the shape of you know what
For the extra pay you can took away your food in the Urinal container
You can write something for memory and leave in the table (which is actually a sink)
And buy souvenirs
For example, I bought pens
Food is served in sinks, baths and toiletes. Drinks in urinals and some white things, don't know what it is.
Or in the shape of you understand what
They even have a lamp in this shape
All in all, place is good, food is not bad and cheap. Despite the fact it's from toilet :D
December, 25
We had Secret Santa in ihouse, gathered together in the evening and give each other presents. Amazing presents!
The most popular theme was yellow duck (they love them here): t-shirt, 2 pairs of slippers, wallet, toy, pen...
Also there were beer, wine, funny socks, underwear, Taiwan cap, t-shirts, belts, slippers...
Actually, it's great to do it in a big group of people, so much joy for yourself and others. I would do it again at any suitable occasion.
The limit was 250 NTD (8 USD), and you can buy so many great presents for these money.
Forgot to say about mine: my Spanish neighboor gave me scarf (amaaazing scarf and I love them so much), a duck and self-made postcard. And I gave a girl nail polisher and self-made postcard as well.
December, 29
Nothing interesting happens because I sleep all days, and do some useless stuff at night. And also got sick just before New Year :/




















No comments:
Post a Comment